3/0 senator and shimano tld 25 lever drag for tuna fishing

Started by newport, June 29, 2015, 03:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill19803

just   checked the web  site  and they added  3 trips   guess ill be on the phone in morning  for all three  Ouch  budget   getting  wounded severely

BMITCH

Newport& bill, I'm on the gambler on the sat to sun trip. That's the night before you guys are on the golden eagle. I'm looking at the GE for their last trip of the season. Work/home $$ says three trips this year...end sept. Mid oct. And end oct/beginning of nov. (BTW last year it was in the beginning of Nov. We bailed them). I'll know more after getting with Scott tonight. Logistics issues. Stay tuned.
  Now to stop hijacking the thread..all these trips will have " the triple dogged TANK" , the TLD 25, my Tiagra 30 LRS, and possibly my blinged out 6/0 114 H. Not to mention a spin in rod for makin bait and one for mahi. That's a whole lotta tackle for a 24 hr trip 😳. And that's not to mention if they decide to go for tiles. If they do I'm screwed. Oh well.... Cranking 600 feet plus of line with 3+ pounds of weight sucks without the right gear. If I was to bring gear for tiles that would be at a min. Of one more setup. At that point the capt. Might want to charge me double due to alllllll the rods and reels I bring on board....😜
luck is the residue of design.

coastal_dan

Sounds awesome guys!

Newport - Bonine is far better in my opinion, especially for being less drowsy.  Also, for example, my brother gets very seasick...but he always took the pill in the morning and drank a few adult beverages the night before (bad combo).  So, this year for our Tile trip I made sure they limited it to ONE drink the night before and he took 2 Bonine pills the night before, then one in the morning.  Breakfast consisted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  After a 15 hour trip with fairly rough seas in the morning all on a 27' boat 70 miles out, he NEVER got sick.  It was a miracle, haha.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

bill19803

Bob
just returned  from  Golden  eagle in belmar  booked all three   extra  trips  so will see you there. I better wind up with   some swordfish to give  away   or little woman is  gonna be highly ...  upset

newport

Thanks dan. I do not want to get sick out there, lol. I guess the full moon is generally a good thing -- any advantage is better than none.