Caught this 10 footer 23 miles out

Started by jonnou, June 29, 2015, 10:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnou

Was not what we were looking for  but was in good condition. Funny thing was I found out where it came from. Why they set it adrift I still don't know. Was on one of two Gamefishing trips I managed to get in this season. No luck but we caught Loads of snapper on the first trip. and Two Bluenose on this trip.

Newell Nut

Quite a catch. You just never know. About twenty years ago I fishing a local party boat and they were struggling to get the anchor up and it came up with a huge camo parachute and a big box under it. The captain decided he did not want to know what was in the box so he cut all the ropes on the chute and let it drop back down.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

I was hoping to see a Big Shark Jon! ;)
Life is Good!

Fisherman Paul

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 29, 2015, 12:53:16 PM
I hope there's no missing boarder.

First thing that crossed my mind also, shark attack.

Hopefully not. :-\

MFB

What were you using for bait? ;D

Regards

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Tightlines667

First thing that crossed mine, was 'she doesn't look to be 10' to me'.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

jonnou

Quote from: MFB on June 29, 2015, 07:16:20 PM
What were you using for bait? ;D

Regards

Mark

Words Mark. That was the bait. See how I caught the Shark hunter!! I new that would get you interested Darron ;D :D

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Shark Hunter

Yea,
You got me Jon. Its all good brother. I am not in the 10 foot club yet, but I will post it the same way when I do. ;)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Daron, you should get down to OBX...we've had six sharkbites in the past couple of weeks...you'll just need to find someone willing to swim out and hold a hook til one comes along lol.....

The touron theorists kill me.....from fishing there year round, I can say the sharks are ALWAYS there, and usually close in. My wife flew over the beach on a copter daily and said you see them in surf all the time when water is clear. I had a five foot black tip eat a blue I had on once right on the bar I had just waded to in order to cast out.

Shark Hunter

I'll stick to the gulf. I like the clear water. ;)
Life is Good!