Abu Cardinal 753 ultra light

Started by Reel 224, April 22, 2015, 02:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flounder Boy 3

Quote from: reelrepair123 on June 13, 2015, 06:43:09 PM
yes, they even had a tan and bronze color,  fantastic reels, zebco cardinal 3,4,6and7.     harryk

Tan and bronze together must look great.

The only mild criticism of this model, from what I've read, are occasional issues with the plastic anti-reverse lever.

I'd love to get an excellent condition Cardinal 3 at some point. Right now my pocket book is having it's own issues.  ;D

reelrepair123

too be honest i never heard about that issue, ive used the #4 since the 70's and never had a problem, i lucked out one day, there was a cardinal #3  buy it now for $50 , so , i bought it then, beautiful small reel , they are like gold.  thanks to ebay i was able to pick up a black plastic bail lever , my daughter got mad at my son and threw it on the dock breaking it, i could never find a tackle shop that had cardinal parts, about12 years ago i came across ebay and found them much to my surprise, so i bought it, fixed the reel and good as new. great reels

Flounder Boy 3

Quote from: reelrepair123 on June 13, 2015, 07:21:25 PM
too be honest i never heard about that issue, ive used the #4 since the 70's and never had a problem, i lucked out one day, there was a cardinal #3  buy it now for $50 , so , i bought it then, beautiful small reel , they are like gold.  thanks to ebay i was able to pick up a black plastic bail lever , my daughter got mad at my son and threw it on the dock breaking it, i could never find a tackle shop that had cardinal parts, about12 years ago i came across ebay and found them much to my surprise, so i bought it, fixed the reel and good as new. great reels

It was only something I read about on some forum a few months ago. 

I read the forum at the ORCA website now and then. Maybe I read it there, not sure.