Good Day on the Pastime Princess

Started by Newell Nut, July 04, 2015, 11:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

We had a very nice day on the Pastime with great weather and calm seas. We got a lot of small jacks and mangos. At one time Elli and I brought mangos at the same time as you can see in one of the pics.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/deepseafishingdaytona/sets/72157655002612450

Dominick

Another good job Dwight.  I looked at the photos and all the adults look happy with their catches.  Note the look on the kids' faces.  The looks are shear wonder and delight.  The kid with the shark is in awe.  They look at the fish like "did I catch that?"  Thanks for those photos.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Steve-O

Way to go, Dwight and Elli!

Do ya think your gal is a happy angler?

Did the sharks get tossed back or to be eaten?

I don't know the boat policy or shark regs there, but somebody is missing out if they tossed em back.

Alto Mare

Always entertaining buddy ;). I'm amazed on how many penn reels I see on that boat and one newell ;D.
I bet you service everyone of those.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Steve-O on July 04, 2015, 05:44:16 PM
Way to go, Dwight and Elli!

Do ya think your gal is a happy angler?

Did the sharks get tossed back or to be eaten?

I don't know the boat policy or shark regs there, but somebody is missing out if they tossed em back.

Those sharks get eaten and they are good fresh. I did not like them after freezing. We have some cold water moving in right now and the sharks come with it. In the spring we may catch 30 of those sharks per trip due to the cold water. We do not bring any big sharks over the rail. Kids truly love catching a shark more than anything.

The boat reels are Long Beach 60s, 65s and 66s. Nice little work horses with low gears and easy to repair.

As far as Elli being a happy angler, well she is fishing nut and good at it. We met when I was working in Indonesia back in 98. I took her on her first offshore trip over there and she was hooked for life. She has caught bigger halibut than me and bigger salmon than me. One day on the Kenai she caught more sockeyes than 3 guides and she was given the name of "Salmon Slayer". She is fun to watch fishing. I just need to get her some heavier shoes. ;D

I decided to take the day off from fishing and just checked the photos of today. Not a single mango but endangered red snappers were caught.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/deepseafishingdaytona/sets/72157655041582468

handi2

I see some nice Almaco Jacks, Mingo, Tile, and very nice Mangroves. That's a big mix of fish..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL