Rants... Shark Week 2015

Started by Tightlines667, July 11, 2015, 10:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I'm not sure it's "intelligence" or "experience" (lack of).  I've run into people that did not know they were being fed manure.  When we got cable the channels we thought we wanted to watch are the worse.     My daughter that grew up on an island in SE Alaska and now lives in semi remote SE British Columbia detests the Alaska Bush Morons and goes on a rant every time it's mentioned.  Life Below Zero isn't so bad.

It looks like we will be going back to the antenna and watching PBS and C-SPAN soon.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel 224

Quote from: Keta on July 13, 2015, 02:00:13 PM
I'm not sure it's "intelligence" or "experience" (lack of).  I've run into people that did not know they were being fed manure.  When we got cable the channels we thought we wanted to watch are the worse.     My daughter that grew up on an island in SE Alaska and now lives in semi remote SE British Columbia detests the Alaska Bush Morons and goes on a rant every time it's mentioned.  Life Below Zero isn't so bad.

It looks like we will be going back to the antenna and watching PBS and C-SPAN soon.

Keta: Do you like C-Span? Seams like the general consensuses on TV is, It's a lot of nonsense. Personally I find this site much more interesting, but not my whole life.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Keta

We watch the hearings and votes, better than most of the other BS.  The "news" is mostly the same BS over and over.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

My dad watches alot of cspan and keeps me in the loop on the political/economic going ons. 

I guess not all tv is bad.  I kinda like some of the stuff on the Smithsonian channel, SOME of the outdoor fishing and hunting programs, and NOVA on PBS.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Steve-O

Quote from: jonnou on July 13, 2015, 09:07:17 AM
Entertainment? I think not. Hooks with no substance. It seems to be getting worse. I have loved sharks since I was a very young child.  Most of these shows have little substance.  The repetition of one dubious fact throughout the program. The networks obviously pander to a demographic of creatures of questionable intelligence
my 2cents

You about nailed it, there!

I will watch River Monsters because the host, Jeremy Wade, is fishing and catching some awesome species....despite the "scripted drama" mingled in with the action.