SS Gear sleeve, 117L

Started by livewire, July 13, 2015, 07:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

livewire

Hello, been browsing through thought I'd register and ask a question. I'm looking to replace the gear sleeve on my 117L with a stainless one. I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the handle failing where the sleeve meets it after going to stainless. The reason I ask is that after rounding the end of my brass sleeve, I noticed a slight deformation on the handle hole where the two make contact, opposite "corners" where the torque would be.

Thanks a lot!

Bryan Young

Hi Livewire,

Welcome.  I believe you are looking for this posting:  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13225.0

Please contact Tom  (Cortex_Conversions) for purchase.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Three se7ens

If you need a new handle arm, I have a couple of styles available on my website.  The link is in my signature.

livewire

Thanks guys. Went ahead and ordered the sleeve.
If I wind up tearing my handle up, I know where to get one.
Are they stainless too?

Three se7ens

Yes. All mine are 316 stainless, which specifically resists salt water corrosion better than other grades.

Shark Hunter

Livewire,
I don't know what you are fishing for with that Monster, but I wouldn't chance a sloppy handle. I put stainless arms on all my reels for a little peace of mind. ;)

Life is Good!

livewire

Usually the "Monster" is a rig leg! ;D