Why Cabela's Trout nets are too small....

Started by Steve-O, July 19, 2015, 12:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Humpies are sold as Pink Salmon in cans.  They are a low oil fish and OK if it's the only salmon you have if properly taken care of and not frozen.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

TomT

Steve,
On eating the carp, I remember a show on the Food Network entitled Diner's, Drive-ins, & Dives.  A few years ago there was a show on a restaurant in Omaha Nebraska that prepares and sells over 2,000 pounds of carp EVERY WEEK.  So someone likes it.  Actually, their finished product looked good.  They took they whole (gutted and skinned) fish and cut it into about 5-6" pieces.  Then on each piece of the fish they would slice the fish to the bone (on both sides of the fish) and make their slices about 1" apart.  They battered the fish and forced their breading onto all the flesh and made sure they got the breading into all the cuts.  They then deep-fried the fish for about 10 to 15 minutes and the finished product looked great and all the customers say the fish tastes great and the general consensus was that all the small bones "disappeared".  I guess I remember this episode so well because one time about 40 yrs ago I tried to fry some carp and it was NOT edible because of the bones. Bottom line is that if I was in Omaha I would probably try it.  Hey--It was FRIED!! ;) ;) ;D
TomT

Rancanfish

Wow can't believe I missed these last posts. 

I have heard that carp are excellent smoked, but I've only ever caught one. I was fishing a real small jig tipped with a night crawler in shallow water from my 8' pontoon with electric trolling motor. The water exploded and I thought I had a train on, lol. Actually jumped out of my skin.

Lee those are awesome salmon.  I have never passed the 19lb mark personally. Every body else on my boat catches the big ones.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.