saltist 20h washer question

Started by pepperist, January 03, 2011, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepperist

hello, i have a daiwa saltist 20h that i took apart last night, and while putting it back together, i couldn't remember for the life of me which way the very top key washer sat on the drag stack. one side of the washer is perfectly flat, and the other side has a shallow, centered circular indentation (NOT a dome) with a radius that is roughly a third of the radius of the whole washer. should this indentation be face down or face up? i feel like it should be face down because this would more evenly distribute the drag pressure to the outer circumference of the washers, and this is good for some reason according to the reel maintenance gods...

i can't find the part number at the moment, but just to be clear, it is the square-hole metal washer that sits at the very top of the drag stack.

thanks for any help!!

Bryan Young

I know of the washer you are speaking of, but am not sure on the facing of the indentation.

The washer shall be on the stack as:

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

pepperist

Quote from: BryanYoung on January 03, 2011, 06:11:08 PM
I know of the washer you are speaking of, but am not sure on the facing of the indentation.

The washer shall be on the stack as:

ah, thank you for the quick reply.

however, the washer looks more like this:

_______________                             _________________
l                           l_______________l                               l                     ------> side with indentation       
l________________________________________________l                            -----> flat side

that is what a cross section of the single washer in question would look like. when sitting on the drag stack, should the indentation side be up (as i have drawn it) or should the flat side be up?

thanks again.

alantani

the side with the indentation would generally be faced down.  this provides pressure on the outer portion of the drag washers, where all the meat is. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pepperist