Spooling

Started by Cowbass, January 03, 2011, 10:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

CB there a few ways to make the hollow connection. Some use just a overhand knot (not me), others tie a nail/nub knot and some use Sato crimps to name a few ways.

Cowbass

I'm talking strictly insertion style no knots... Also I remember reading somewhere that jb 80 was 16 strand not the others...you should double check your data on that... That's why 80 jb and 100 jb have similar diameters.. 80/16...100/12 strand...
The bonding I was talking about is the glue. My top shots from BHP/ Basil seem to be glued/bonded all the way up the insertion not just the ends from fraying... I know nothing of this process and I'm just asking to learn... All my connections currently are loop to loop. Thanks
SHUT UP AND FISH!!!

Bryan Young

You may need to ask them.  I know with Blackwater, they only glue the end to prevent the spectra from fraying, and that is what I have been following...well, I don't even glue, I just serve onto the leader and hope for the best...I guess I better start gluing before I loose a big one due to fraying.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

JGB

Here are a couple of flouro to braid connection that have never been seen -yet.
These connections are the result of 3 years of R/D and it is not yet public.
These connections are 100% and do not creep or slip. They are self clinching and flow easily through guides and does not produce the long stiff coils that result from long insertion depths on served connections.

First phot is 30# Izor to 50# ultracst solid braid under 40# to tension  Izor will fail at 52#
Second photo is 50# Flouro to 60# Hollow Ace under 50# of tension. Black marks are to allow checking for creep or slippage. Flouro will break at 57#. Insertion depth can be as little as 1/2 inch but it is easier to build with a 2" insertion.

Jim N.