One of my favorite reels!

Started by gstours, July 30, 2015, 04:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Everybody has a favorite reel for every type and species of fish, and here is mine. Its a Tiagra 20II camo special. Its narrow, has a loud clicker for when your relaxing, very powerful drag, a rubber Makaira knob with an Alan Tani sst. extended offset crank arm and has several speeds, these are very usefull as shown!

I think a tiagra 20 is a narrow 30 as everything else seems to be the same.   correct me if i,m wrong.  I wont mind.

redsetta

It's a beauty for sure - 'form follows function' ;)
Here's mine - the 'Monster Mariner':

349HC (cheers Dominick), double dogs and 5+1 drag courtesy of Lee, AT/Kolekar handle and S/S gear sleeve, and Tiburon frame and spool from Andrew (Raumati).
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Steve-O

One of mine. Omoto VS 10 (rebranded by Pelagic Extreme). Very powerful, small package.  Comfy to use. Solid and dependable. Pretty much an Avet clone.

steelfish

I think I must stop enjoying a bit less those nice piece of machinery called "fishing reels".

I didnt noticed the halibuts until the second sight on 1st and 3rd post
The Baja Guy

Bill B

SF...that's funny...I did the same thing...then I was lookin at the rope and knots in the 1st and wondered what that odd white thing was....LOL
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

gstours

Thanks for at least lookin a little!  Maybe you guys need to get out and go fishing a little more often!  So you can remember why those reels are being used, not just sittin on those plinths!!!!!!   But then a lot of people dont like to fish?  There is nothing wrong with collecting either!  Happiness is getting waay different nowadays!    hope a little humor is ok on this site.   and zin!!!!!

Bill B

GS...humor is always good....zin is ok...but Coors Light is great ;D  With the summer heat baking the Sacramento delta I started just tossing my line out with no bait so the fish wouldn't bother me....that's my story and I'm stickin' to it..... ::)
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shark Hunter

Nice reels Men. Nice halibuts too Gary and Steve-O. ;D
Justin,
That Mariner is off the Hook! Very Nice. ;)
Life is Good!

redsetta

Thanks Daron. It's no VS or Makaira (cracker reels both!), but I like it  ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Quote from: redsetta on July 30, 2015, 06:39:23 AM
It's a beauty for sure - 'form follows function' ;)
Here's mine - the 'Monster Mariner':

349HC (cheers Dominick), double dogs and 5+1 drag courtesy of Lee, AT/Kolekar handle and S/S gear sleeve, and Tiburon frame and spool from Andrew (Raumati).
So that's what you ended up doing with the Mariner.  Great job.  Are you going to make it to Cabo this year?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.