Abu Garcia EON 3600 drag washers

Started by jbkel, January 04, 2011, 03:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbkel

I am on the hunt for aftermarket drag washers for the Abu Garcia EON 3600 reel.  They are an odd size I believe so I hope there is something out there.

The deminsions are:
OD - 37mm
ID - 28mm
TH - .5mm

Thanks,

James

Dawn

Hi
Yep, that is an odd one.  The only one I have that is even remotely close in material that thin is:
35.60 OD,  8.70 ID, .5 thick   The center hole can be drilled or dremeled  out.

Dawn
Dawn

jbkel

Ok, the reel has 4 drag washers.  2 of the are hard and measure .5mm in thickness, the other 2 are a soft rubbery black substance (I'm guessing graphite impregnated teflon) that measure about .3mm in thickness.

I could go with the #59 washer which is .5mm and a little smaller on the OD, or with the #62 washer with a .76mm thickness and dremel them to fit.

Do you think the 4 washers at .76mm will be too thick?  The metal washers in the drag stack are already pretty thin.  I am not sure how much room I have to play with in there.  Or if I have to what are your thoughts on removing one of the drag washers from the stack and only going with 3 carbon fiber washers?

Thanks for you time.

Dawn

On the schematic is looks like the center hole of the washer is much larger than the shaft size, although they aren't always drawn the way things really are.
So could you use washers with a smaller center hole do you think?  It's not going to change the way the drag works because it looks like the metal washers are also very thin walled, but it would be less hassle for you trying to adjust the center hole.
I think you will have to stay with the 4 the way they have it, since the one is between the two metal parts
Dawn