Main Menu

Hiya

Started by FishoStu, August 03, 2015, 12:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishoStu

Hi all, Just found this site after some investigation.

Im wanting to learn more about reel repairs etc which brought me here.

I work in a fishing/camping store so hope to add this skills to my work activities as well as maybe some side work etc.

Still very early days for me & I understand practice is basically the way everyone learns this trade.

Please Im more than happy for any tips & advice for a new guy that anyone is happy to give.
The extent of my experience thus far has been 40+ years of fishing with some reel break downs & reconstructions scattered here & there.

One of the first questions Ive found is with tools for this job.
Are there particular screw drivers that are better for this use for example or any small set will do with some other tools for poking around etc?

To start off & from what Ive read so far I was looking at buying these items...
Fine sand paper for cleaning washers etc
Reel grease/lube/oil etc
Cotton buds or similar?
Brake Cleaning Fluid for soaking washers etc?
Some microfibre or similar towels etc to work on.

So these sound fair or am I barking up the wrong tree somewhere?
Is there some other things I will need to start off maybe?

Once again any assistance appreciated & I hope to be on here a fair bit with lots of reading to do.

Keta

Hi.

Looks like a good start.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Welcome.  Yes the equipment sounds like a good start.  A good set of screwdrivers is a must also.  Good luck!  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

theswimmer

Welcome!
Lots of good knowledge and great people here.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

alantani

welcome!  these all still work well for me!  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!