New/old guy here...

Started by fxrguy, August 05, 2015, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fxrguy

Greetings to all from Central Florida! I am new to owning conventional reels and just picked up an old Special Senator 112H and have owned an old Peer 209 for a while. Both are when Penn made all their stuff in the USA. I also have a 710Z and a 704Z which I have owned since they were new. I have been trolling this site for a while and am awed by the depth of knowledge there is here. Look forward to learning and tricking out the 112H.

alantani

welcome!!!!  don't let these guys talk you into spending too much money!  they're really good at that!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fxrguy

Thanks Alan. I will do some basic upgrades to the 209 and the 112H but I'm not going overboard. I have a small Scout 162 Sportfish bay boat and wanted something to troll just outside of Ponce Inlet Florida, along the beaches and fish the breakwall. I will probably pick up a 113H at some point in the future just so I have my own rig when going offshore.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Foxtrot Xray Romeo --

Good reels and a good boat you have there.

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

fxrguy

Quote from: foakes on August 05, 2015, 04:40:19 PM
Welcome aboard, Foxtrot Xray Romeo --

Good reels and a good boat you have there.

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Best,

Fred

Thanks Fred, I will post some pics later.

Alto Mare

Welcome fxrguy! About what Alan said above, I'm not one of them ;)
Enjoy your stay here.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Welcome fxr! Glad to have you. ;D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: fxrguy on August 05, 2015, 04:27:46 PM
Thanks Alan. I will do some basic upgrades to the 209 and the 112H but I'm not going overboard.

Ha ha ha you just wait.  bwahaha.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

FatTuna

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

borchcl

Tiddlerbasher

Welcome! You can check in any time you like but you can never leave :D