comparable Avet models

Started by AlasKen, August 05, 2015, 09:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlasKen

My son has 2 Avets that are a couple of years old.  His wife uses a Raptor MXL 6/4 MC and he uses a MXL 6.  Are the Raptors comparable and is there a tutorial for other Raptor 2 speeds close enough to use for this reel?  Same question on the MXL 6.  Is there somewhere to see the diference in reels.  For instance difference between a MXL 6/4 and a MXL 6/3.  Thanks in advance for any info you might have that can point me in the correct direction.  Ken

Islandgypsy

Ken, goggle "Avet Reels" then click on How to choose the right reel. Avet compares all their reels in the line up for you. Hope this helps.

AlasKen

Thanks.  I didn't notice the how to select a reel link.  I assume the service/rrebuld tutorials are pretty similar in that single speeds are similar and 2 sppedds are similar.  Thanks for you assist here.  Ken

JGB

Ken,

The Raptor series is a completely different animal from the standard Avet reels.
Raptors all have a mag cast control and produce very large amounts of drag. Also the Raptors have a free floating carbon fiber disk that can rub in free spool if yo turn the reel handle down ( not much but some may notice it).
The raptors are designed for braid.
As far as gearing, shifting and such the two are just about identical mechanically.
Jim N.