Reverse Finished Ribeye with all the Trimmings

Started by ChileRelleno, August 08, 2015, 12:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

This is my Birthday dinner, granted a few days late but I had to work.

2" thick Prime Angus Ribeye

Reverse Finish directions
Rub steak with favorite seasonings
Bake steak on  in oven at 275-300' till internal temp of 125'
remove and let sit for 15 minutes
smoking hot cast iron skillet with just a little oil
Sear all sides to get the perfect crust

Grilled Portabella Shrooms
Grilled Jalepeno Chiles
Caramelized Onions, Garlic with Green Peppers
Buttery Mashed Potatoes
Virgil's Black Cherry Cream Soda (better than the IBC my wife said she'd picked up)
Bear Claw ice cream

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

borchcl

That makes me hungry again, and I just ate!
Regards,
charlie

conchydong

Wow, although I am mostly a fish eater, I do love me some red meat and that method of cooking looks pretty cool.
Happy Birthday.

Shark Hunter

Man,
I love a good steak! and that has me licking my lips! :P
Happy Birthday Old Man! ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MFB

Many happy returns, looks like a great steak.

Regards

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

ChileRelleno

Heh... I'll have a return on that meal about mid-morning today.

If y'all ain't cooking your steaks this way, you're doing yourself a disservice.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Jerseymic

Many happy returns, that steak looks awesome!

Mike.

Dominick

Hey John what did everyone else eat?  That looked like it cooked down to one serving.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Dominick on August 08, 2015, 10:02:20 PM
Hey John what did everyone else eat?  That looked like it cooked don to one serving.  Dominick
Heh, I couldn't finish that slab of beef, ate the rest of it for dinner tonight.
Steak on sourdough french bread with bleu cheese crumbles.

Everybody gets the same menu.
Except for two of my picky kids who turn their noses up at steak.
Saves me a few bucks  ;)
Ragnar Benson:

MarkT

Looks killer, I hope you had a good birthday, I'm sure you enjoyed the leftovers too!

What's wrong with those kids that they turn up their noses at steak like that? Mine would fight over it!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

fishmeluck

I'm on a diet, and I looked anyway. Biiiiiggg mistake. :(
Give a man a fish and he will have fish for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Dominick

For what is worth I watched the video and thought that the logic for a juicy steak was right on.  I bought a prime rib eye ($22.50 per lb.) and cooked it like Chile said.  It was the best cooked steak I ever had.  Good find John.  All my steaks will be cooked this way.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:

Three se7ens

Ive tried this a couple of times now, and its simply amazing.  Easily the best home cooked steaks Ive ever had.

I did thick cut pork chops tonight the same way, just left it in the oven until it reached 150 degrees internal.  Incredible, and so juicy, yet still fully cooked.