Hello - Thank you for having me!

Started by Lucian, August 09, 2015, 12:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucian

Hi there,

Thanks for accepting me to the forum.  While researching information about two reels that I recently inherited from my grandfather on another popular Southern CA fishing website , I was referred to your site.  The reels are 1) Penn No. 155, and 2) Penn 113H 4/0 Senator.  Based on what I've read so far, it sounds like you're probably very familiar with these reels.  My motivation for joining is to learn as much as possible about these reels, including maintenance, upgrades, proper use, how to fish them, and what species to target, etc. 

Thank you,

Lucian

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

swill88

You're in the right place Lucian... welcome!

Dominick

Lucian, go to the Penn Tutorials and Questions and look for your reels.  Those reels are easy to work on.  Actually they may be a little difficult until you take a couple of reels apart.  Welcome and good luck. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

borchcl

Aiala

Greetings, Lucian! 

Those two classic reels will serve you very well, and neither one is too difficult to service. Here's hoping you catch lots of fish, and welcome to the best site on the Web!  ;)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Welcome Lucian! ;D
Your reels are classics and some of my favorites.
You need anything, just ask.
Life is Good!

Reel 224

Lucian: Welcome!  It's all ready been said on how good this site is and the people that are willing to help you here, the best way to get started is to do what Dominick has suggested and then get started on disassembling your reel, if you run into a problem it's no big deal the people here can help you threw anything. Good luck.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

reelrepair123

welcome  lucian    you have two very popular reels, not complicated, enjoy. harryk

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Newell Nut

Welcome but be warned that this site has a very contagious disease that causes lots of money to be spent on reels. ;D

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Well Sir, you came to the right place. Welcome
Dom