Main Menu

Hey All!

Started by mrmike, August 15, 2015, 05:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmike

Just joined the group as it seemed a great source of information on tackle. I'm a lifelong fisherman residing in western Missouri within a couple of hours drive from the Lake of the Ozarks. Recently retired and I've started repairing, cleaning & tuning reels for myself and friends when not chasing grandkids around. Since I fish with Shimanos (Curado, Citica and a B100 I use for flipping) that's what I've worked on primarily. I also cruise the sales looking for anything fishing related. Glad to join y'all!
Mike
"It's about the fishin' boy not the fish. Understand that and fishin' can teach you much."
Grandpa Albert

Dominick

Welcome Mike.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to the "neighborhood"...

Reel 224

Welcome Mike from one of many retirees. There is a lot of good company here.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rancanfish

Hey Mike!

One of the prettiest girls I ever knew was from Missouri.   ;)
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

mrmike

Quote from: Rancanfish on August 16, 2015, 03:19:12 AM
Hey Mike!

One of the prettiest girls I ever knew was from Missouri.   ;)

Sorry, I married her. She's not much of a fisherman - just sits in the boat looking pretty and giving me advice.
"It's about the fishin' boy not the fish. Understand that and fishin' can teach you much."
Grandpa Albert

mrmike

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I hope I can add something to the group even if it's just humor from my fumbling attempts to be a real reel technician.
Mike :-\
Grandpa Albert

David Hall

Hey Mr. Mike. Welcome, I got a feeling your gonna like it here.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

theswimmer

Welcome Mike!
We have needed a voice from your area.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

MFB

Gidday Mike,

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton