This girl has been eating well!

Started by Prof. Salt, August 10, 2015, 03:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof. Salt

While fishing around some local rigs, I got a monumental topwater blowup and fight. Unfortunately while still out of gaff range, the big fish bit through the wire leader and got away. No worries, I found another and this one was very stout.

I am playing with some new editing tools, so pardon the messy blur over the rig. This rig is no secret locally, but I wanted to practice on it so I can pull off the effect when I fish some locations that don't need the attention.

nelz

Don't let that one bite your ankle!!!

steelfish

great catch.

its that a spanish Mackerel or how do you call that fish?
The Baja Guy

Steve-O

Nice!  as Grady of Sanford and Son would have said "GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!"

The topwater smash and grab was caught just over your right shoulder at the beginning. That one gave you quite the tug and drag pull.

thanks for sharing.

Steve

who wants to be a Professor some day...

Reel 224

And yet another exciting video! ;D Did you weigh that King? Ill take a guess at 22# what say you?

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ChileRelleno

Very nice smoker!

Quote from: steelfish on August 10, 2015, 04:24:28 PM

That's a King Mackerel, our Spanish don't get even half that. Biggest Spanish I've seen personally was just pushing 10#, record fish are in the 12# range.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Prof. Salt

Joe, since I'm over 6'4" the fish look smaller than they really are. That one was 52 inches and just over 30lbs!

Prof. Salt

Quote from: nelz on August 10, 2015, 04:03:39 PM
Don't let that one bite your ankle!!!
Lol, no kidding! She could bite your ankle off if you gave her the chance.

steelfish

Quote from: ChileRelleno on August 10, 2015, 06:04:42 PM
Very nice smoker!

Quote from: steelfish on August 10, 2015, 04:24:28 PM

That's a King Mackerel, our Spanish don't get even half that. Biggest Spanish I've seen personally was just pushing 10#, record fish are in the 12# range.

Quote from: Prof. Salt on August 10, 2015, 06:09:28 PM
Joe, since I'm over 6'4" the fish look smaller than they really are. That one was 52 inches and just over 30lbs!

thanks guys, I knew it wasnt a Sierra but it looks almost similar, now I know why, I will call it, King Sierra (Sierra=spanish mac in Mexico, because of the teeth)

our sierras are the same one, not bigger than 10#, this are some really nice ones I caught few months ago locally.

scroll down the thread, please.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10642.15

30# of sierra, damn, now I can imagine the good fight

The Baja Guy

Reel 224

Quote from: Prof. Salt on August 10, 2015, 06:09:28 PM

Hey I was close only off by 8# ;) ;D ;D That was a big King Great catch!!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Prof. Salt

Thanks Joe. There are bigger kings around, but finding them nearshore can be a challenge. I love paddling in the quiet open space, and the family eats pretty well, too.  :)

theswimmer

Prof that's a hell of a fish and a great video!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn