New USA Penn 113N

Started by triumphrick, August 10, 2015, 09:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

I just had this reel show up recently and thought I would break it down and do a pictorial.

I know that there is a Baja tutorial here, and this is very similar.

But if anyone is interested, here is something I posted up over on THT...

http://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfishing-charters-forum/696552-new-usa-penn-113n.html#post8140870

Tightlines667

Nice job!
Thank you for sharing your work here!

The only thing I might mention is that the bearing in the head(rightside) plate is often refered to as the 'Pinon Bearing' or 'Rightside Bearing', the 2 bearings located in the spool itself are typically refered to as the 'Spool Bearings'.  The pictures explain it all though.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Nice job Rick, thanks for posting it here.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

great  job.

one thing I have noticed in few Baja tutorials and the new US senator, is a difference on the drag washers, not just on the US senator but also on few of the Baja Special reels I have seen.

this US senator Drag washer are all the same, identical, with same big ID as the size of the main gear bearing (BIG hole)

while on the Baja Special reels I have services as well as mine the drag washer have the ID just big enought to fit in gear sleeve like this

I heard there is no much difference since the preasure goes to the edges or something but wondering if there is another reason behind
The Baja Guy

handi2

I'm sure the newer run of drag washers for these reels fit other reels like the Fathom's and Torque's Maybe that's the difference in the center hole.

Of course you already know that.

I've had my US113N and Baja Special apart is a side by side comparison. I didn't see any difference at all. The Baja is a later model reel.

I got the 113N when they came out and still haven't used it..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL