Penn Senator 9/0 Spool Shaft Size

Started by Rogve, January 05, 2011, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogve

I have two Penn Senator 9/0's (one and a half, really)  Both are in pieces. 

All side plates utilize the NEW bearing.

There are two different spools.  What I assume is the NEWER design spool (let's call it spool A) has a longer shaft on the Right/Handle side plate (long enough to reach the bearing)

The other spool (Spool B) has a shorter shaft, not long enough to reach the bearing with the newer design.

The issue is this:  Spool B which does not reach the newer style bearing DOES fit into the LEFT(non handle side) bearing.  The newer spool (Spool A) does NOT fit into the left/non-handle side bearing.

Is there a different left/non-handle side bearing???  All other information I can find addresses the change in the spool, the right side bearing, and the spool.  I have not found any information on the left side bearing.

Any suggestions on where to find the information?

MUCH thanks!!!

alantani

can you measure the diamater of the left side plate bearing and the width of the spool shaft.  the schematic only shows one bearing for all models.  unless i'm reading it wrong.  regarding the right bearing, you've probably already seen this.  

from mysticparts.com  https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Technical/115LDesignChangeRight.aspx

QuoteAS OF 1989:

Penn changed the design on the reel. They redesigned the Right Side Bearing (Handle Side), and modified the Right Side Plate and the Spool to accommodate the design.

AS OF 1989:

If you have the NEWER 26-116 Right Side Bearing as shown on the right in the photo, your reel is the newer design.

If you have the OLDER 26-114 Right Side Bearing as shown on the left in the photo, your reel is the older design. The newer bearing is NOT compatible with the older plate and spool.

Notes For Ordering The Parts Below:

To Order: Click on the check box next to the part number(s), enter the quantity you would like to purchase, then "Add To Cart". This allows you the option of only ordering the parts that you need to replace.
Upgrade: To completely upgrade to the newer system, order all the parts in the "New 115L Bearing System" section below.
Quantities: If you want to order different quantities of different parts below, just put "1" in the QTY box. When you hit "Add To Cart" button, it goes to the Cart, where you can adjust the quantities and update the order if you wish.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rogve

Yes.  I have read that information, and it does make sense.

Spool A:  (Assuming the older spool)
Handle side shaft length:  1.070"  (tip to spool) - the older bearing extended further into the reel
Inside diameter (where line spools) .700"
Left side (clicker/non-handle) shaft diameter:  .155"  (+.005" maybe) This fits into the bearing on the left side

Spool B:  (assuming the newer spool style:)
Handle side shaft length:  1.390 (makes sense, as the new bearing doesn't extend into the reel)
Inside diameter (where line spools) .830"
Left side (clicker/non-handle) shaft diameter:  .190"  Does NOT fit into the bearing.

Like yourself?  All the schematics I've viewed show only one left side bearing for all models.

Note:  Both reels are the same width, and the "Bell" or side of the spool are both 3.75" on each spool

....still stumped....

OH:  Not sure which measurement you were looking for on the Left side bearing?