Post Length

Started by sharkman, August 11, 2015, 06:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

I obtained a very large surplus of penn parts from local tackle shop.  Some of the parts are new and some are used.  Most penn parts have part number except for the post.  Is there any way to identify the post by length. I have a Ziploc bag half full of post varying in length.  Thanks for the help.

Bryan Young

I'm not sure.

I believe some posts are of the same length but may be larger in diameter, such as the Penn 500 post is the same length as the 113H, but the 113H diameter is larger by maybe 30%.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

You could compile a list of all of the different part numbers used for posts on Penns various models, by examining parts lists (like on Scott's).  Then members can fill in known lengths, and diameters.  This would be similar to the bearing size thread.  I would suspect there are 10-20 something different posts available for Penn reels
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bryan Young

I think one of the penn parts catalog has this...now where did that catalog go on our site???
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handi2

If you post the lengths of the ones you have it would be easy to identify. I have just about all of them and will figure it out for you.

Separate any of the "skinny" posts if you have them.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL