Look at these old ambassadeur 5000's

Started by ryan werley, January 06, 2011, 03:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan werley

Found these all for 30 bucks from some guy on craigslist.

1.  Vintage Ambassadeur No. 5000, Color is Red, works great, missing a part of the handle. It has "No. 5000 Ab. Urfabriken Svangsta" inscribed on one side. In VERY Good condition!!! Has a leather case and parts included.

2. Vintage Ambassadeur 5000A, Color is Red, Works great, but has a few very minor paint scratches on the top. In VERY Good condition.

3. Vintage Ambassadeur 5000D, Color is Dark Green, Works great, Has a loud clicker. In Very Good condition.

4. Vintage Unknown Model of Ambassadeur. I think its an old 5000. Color is Black. Its missing both silver drag caps, but other than that it Works great and is FULLY FUNCTIONAL. The only markings on the reel are " Built by Abu Sweden" and "High Speed".

5.  Vintage Ambassadeur F-I-V-E. Color is black and its Fully functional.

pluto

alantani

i have one abu with a leather case like that.  you can cut some drag washers to fit and they will work beautifully.  some of them will be oiless bronze bushings.  they are an odd size and bearings will not fit.  looks like you really scored!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Roger

I guess I missed this post the other day. Love them ABU's.......
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

katfishkelly

SWEEEEEEEEEEET DEAL!! i have the RED ONE you pictured.. EXACTLY that one.. and a Diawa Millionaire 3R... both great reels..
nice find... they didnt know what they had or something... what a really great deal! :)

mhc

Great buy - be careful though, I bought a few cheap ABUs at auction sites a couple of years back and now have over a hundred. I do manage to use a few of them but the rest are models I didn't have (at 'bargain' prices).  ;D ;D
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

GulfOfBothnia

Quote from: mhc on August 04, 2012, 11:45:47 AM
Great buy - be careful though, I bought a few cheap ABUs at auction sites a couple of years back and now have over a hundred. I do manage to use a few of them but the rest are models I didn't have (at 'bargain' prices).  ;D ;D

I have the same disease. Not that bad... yet.

VW

The black one that has "High Speed" on it is a 5000C.  It had ball bearings.  I believe the bushings in the red 5000's are the same dimensions and could be used.  Easy to test.  I would be interested in buying the C model.

OldSchool

If the red 5000 is true to its handle,should have bushes inside with no bearings and the leather case is original to the reel that's $100+ straight up any day of the week. I seen a black 5000C wear marks in the usual spots with case with a few particular features go for $4k only last week. It will pay to check them out cause with those Abu's you never know what you could be sitting on.