Now thats an AL Cubera...or is it?

Started by Tightlines667, August 19, 2015, 06:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Anybody seen this one yet?

"...weighed 84.90 pounds on certified scales at the Alabama Marine Resources Division office on Dauphin Island."

"If confirmed by MRD, Rutledge's fish will smash by more than 32 pounds the current record of 52 pounds held by Grand Bay's Michael Crawley since 1988."

"...Interestingly, Rutledge's cubera could be only the second biggest weighed at an Alabama-based scale in the last five years."

"Windham's fish did not qualify for Alabama state-record recognition since the fact they'd left from and returned to Florida through Pensacola Pass violated Alabama's stipulation that state-record fish can only be validated by anglers leaving from and returning to an Alabama port no matter where the fish was caught."

"The all-tackle world record cubera snapper was weighed in Louisiana in June 2007 and tipped the scales to 124 pounds, 12 ounces, according to the International Game Fish Association."

Actually the first picture I posted is I believe the existing All Tackle Record caught in LA by Tony Romero in 2007...the second picture is the 84.9lb fish caught by Rutledge out of AL.

*Sorry for any confusion..just shows you can't always believe what you see on the net :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rancanfish

Wowee.  I better get my Daiwa 900h out.

Can you eat something that big?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Reel 224

That is a monster :o Bet that guy almost wet his shorts when he landed that baby. ;D
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

conchydong

That is a beast. Looks bigger than 85lbs in the picture.

steelfish

Quote from: conchydong on August 19, 2015, 02:40:04 PM
That is a beast. Looks bigger than 85lbs in the picture.

2x

this looks like at least over 100#

The Baja Guy

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Reel 224

Quote from: Rancanfish on August 19, 2015, 02:21:46 PM
Wowee.  I better get my Daiwa 900h out.

Can you eat something that big?

Only if it don't eat you first ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

David Hall

Al Cubera?  I thought it said Chupa cabbra!