My Stainless Steel Jigmaster

Started by Alto Mare, August 22, 2015, 05:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I just received my stainless steel plates back from Alan C.
The right side plate had the gears showing so it needed a gear cover plate. If I was installing a full aluminum frame, this wasn't needed, but I like the look of the custom ss bars better on this one.
Here is a shot of the space

and here is what they came up with

this plate isn't aluminum, I was surprised on how close they got to the edge of the plate

and a perfect fit. This tells me Alan C. could get anything done

This one gets the heat treated ss 4:1 gears from Alan C., Bryan's 5+1 drag kit and a few additional goodies

do yourself a favor and use an O-ring while assembling the bridge, its the only way for me

and here is the assembled reel, definitely one of my favorite out of the few that I have ;D

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rancanfish

I won't look, I'm still too jealous!   ;D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Sal, don't you think that the silver large arbor spool that I sent to you would look good on that reel?  I also have an unused silver Penn aluminum 501 spool that would be nice.

Randy

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Rancanfish

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on August 22, 2015, 06:18:43 PM
Sal, don't you think that the silver large arbor spool that I sent to you would look good on that reel?  I also have an unused silver Penn aluminum 501 spool that would be nice.

Randy

Sal, you better jump or I'm calling dibs!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

David Hall

Steve-O

Super deluxe!   But is it still a Penn?  ::)

Alto Mare

Yes. ;D
Steve this thing is heavy as heck, but it sure looks pretty.
I wanted a full ss Jigmaster and I'm almost there, just a couple of parts left.
This reel reminds me of my solid brass chandelier. We always had brass plated, one day I decided to surprise my wife with a solid brass one. That chandelier still look brand new.
What I'm trying to say is you need to hold it to appreciate it, pics don't do it justice.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

!!!!WOW!!!!

Now that the hard part is done, the drawings, a titanium one would not be too hard to do.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Sal, don't you think that the silver large arbor spool that I sent to you would look good on that reel?  I also have an unused silver Penn aluminum 501 spool that would be nice.

Randy
You are absolutely right Randy, that spool that you sold me is awesome. I was just experimenting with colors and I must tell you the red doesn't look bad.
I already have a standard ss spool, but I will try to get a narrow ss...if possible. I will also replace the handle with Adam's ss handle, those are amazing and will go really nice with this one.
Thank again Randy.
Sal

Quote from: Rancanfish on August 22, 2015, 06:56:47 PM
Sal, don't you think that the silver large arbor spool that I sent to you would look good on that reel?  I also have an unused silver Penn aluminum 501 spool that would be nice.

Randy

Sal, you better jump or I'm calling dibs!
Ran go for it, those are not easy to find. I'm sure Randy will give you a good deal.
Sal

RUSTY OLD COLT

hope Alan makes a run of this , even if he has to raise the price

vilters

like the surgical gloves. Dr. Sal to o/r STAT. beautiful reel, the bar is raised once again.

MarkT

I think Accurate had a handle like that with a blue grip. Did they have one in red? Now, that'd be really cool on that reel or just send that one out to be anodized in red.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Steve-O

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 22, 2015, 08:54:04 PM
Yes. ;D
Steve this thing is heavy as heck, but it sure looks pretty.
I wanted a full ss Jigmaster and I'm almost there, just a couple of parts left.
This reel reminds me of my solid brass chandelier. We always had brass plated, one day I decided to surprise my wife with a solid brass one. That chandelier still look brand new.
What I'm trying to say is you need to hold it to appreciate it, pics don't do it justice.

Sal

Oh, it's a beauty for sure and bulletproof, figuratively and probably literally.  Bet it does feel good in the hand and cranking up some heavies.