My Stainless Steel Jigmaster

Started by Alto Mare, August 22, 2015, 05:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Sid, I hear that Titanium is much easy to machine than the SS as on this reel.
Mine might still be unique. ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

swill88

hold out for this one...

UCLA researchers create exceptionally strong and lightweight new metal.
Magnesium infused with dense silicon carbide nanoparticles could be used for airplanes, cars, mobile electronics and jigmasters.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/ucla-researchers-create-exceptionally-strong-and-lightweight-new-metal

Alto Mare

We talked about a complete shell made from carbon fiber. Using the correct epoxy, that would be light weight and indestructible.
We'll get there one day, one project at a time ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Titanium is far harder to machine than 304 or 316 stainless.  I wouldnt hold my breath on anything big being made from titanium.

Carbon fiber certainly has a place in the future, Ive read MIT developing a way to use rapid prototyping with fiber aligned carbon fiber to make a low weight and high strength substrate. 

Maxed Out

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 12, 2015, 12:30:49 PM
Since you are the only one on the planet with a completely stainless steel Jigmaster. I think I would keep it too. ;)

Never say never......Stay tuned !!  ;D ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!