Any here been through a Accurate service school?

Started by WalterWyman, August 28, 2015, 02:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalterWyman

I have a chance to go this winter but was wondering if any of you have been through it. Or is there such a thing?

Wally
"You said the grinding sound just started after leaving it sit wet for 1 year?" I see.....

Bryan Young

Quote from: WalterWyman on August 28, 2015, 02:50:53 AM
I have a chance to go this winter but was wondering if any of you have been through it. Or is there such a thing?

Wally
Hi Wally,

I have not gone nor heard of the class.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist though.  If I was invited to a class, I would definitely consider going.  There are always new tricks to learn and hone old trick.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

Hi Wally --

Any classes like this will be useful, for that particular type of reel.  

If you work on enough Accurates -- it also may be enjoyable and fun.  I have been to many of these over the years -- and always manage to learn a couple of new things.

It is sort of like reading a newspaper -- there is the printed story we all see -- then there is always an unprinted "back-story" -- with 10 times the information.

The "back-story" reality here is that the major manufacturers are constantly combing through Alan's site for hints, tips, techniques, upgrades, first hand tutorials and knowledge.

This is generally never, if ever admitted -- but it is the way the industry works.

Sometimes they may even eat a little crow, and directly contact folks like Alan, Bryan, Sal, Keith, John, Lee, Tom, and others -- just to "pick their brain" when working on reel issues.

You do belong to the AT University -- and all knowledge is available.

Any question can be answered -- and the detailed tutorials are the best around anywhere in the world.

If you go -- keep us informed how you like the training.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

Quote from: WalterWyman on August 28, 2015, 02:50:53 AM

Wally

if the classes are actually put on by accurate, i know for sure that i would be interested!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!