Tiburon Frames for Penn

Started by Bryan Young, January 08, 2011, 08:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

I see that you have the T4NK frame and spools for the 113 and 113H Senators.  I thought that the spools weren't interchangeable between these reels.  Can I use this frame kit to narrow my 113 (not 113H)?
Thank you,
George
viurem lliures o morirem

alantani

the frames on the 113 and 113h are the same.  it's the spools that are different.  so a narrowed 113h spool would not work in a narrowed 113. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

George, check out the long beach serie spools. You should be able to convert that reel into a narrow, standard and wide.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

George4741

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 08, 2012, 12:36:43 PM
George, check out the long beach serie spools.

Thanks, that is what I was hoping would work.  I have a line on a Tib narrow frame without the spool.  A Long Beach 66 spool should work with it.  I like my reels to be NARROW.
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

A Penn 60 spool fits in a narowed 112H but the spool shaft won't work, is there any 60 size spool with the right shaft? 

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

p-deverett

I have a narrow accurate frame for a 113h but no spool, is there a penn spool that will work si I can make a narrow 113h?

Peter

alantani

oooohhh, lookie what i found!!!!  i was rummaging through a box last week and found this.  didn't even know it was there.  i would have paid that price, plus tax.  you can have it for that and shipping.  alan

conchydong

Does anyone know if there are any topless frames still being made or maybe I should say, still available, for a Penn International 50S?
I don't care which manufacturer, be it Tiburon, Baker or Accurate.
Thanks.

alantani

man, that one is going to be tough.  there were never that many made to begin with.   :-\

john2244

Last year, at the Fred Hall Show, Cal Sheets told me if he received an order for 10 various Penn frames that John Baker would make a production run.  I gave Cal my Penn 30 reel and received it a few months later with the Baker Frame.  I would check with Cal regarding a Baker frame.
John

redsetta

Quoteoooohhh, lookie what i found!!!!
Well done Peter - it's your lucky day!  ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Keta

Quote from: john2244 on January 17, 2012, 07:10:05 PM
Last year at the Fred Hall Show Cal Sheets told me if he received an order for 10 various Penn frames that John Baker would make a production run.  I gave Cal my Penn 30 reel and received it a few months later with the Baker Frame.  I would check with Cal regarding a Baker frame.
John

If we can come up with 9 more sets I'll take one Penn International 70N frame and spool.

Mark Twain

conchydong

Quote from: john2244 on January 17, 2012, 07:10:05 PM
Last year, at the Fred Hall Show, Cal Sheets told me if he received an order for 10 various Penn frames that John Baker would make a production run.  I gave Cal my Penn 30 reel and received it a few months later with the Baker Frame.  I would check with Cal regarding a Baker frame.
John

Thanks for the info. I sent Eric Sheets an e-mail. Haven't heard back yet but hopefully they have some or I can get on a "waiting" list.

p-deverett

Thanks Alan, I just sent you a PM.

Peter