9/0 with Black Pearl gears

Started by Shark Hunter, September 05, 2015, 06:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I received a reel last week from a member who said he couldn't get his anti reverse to work.
I took a look and made sure everything was legit. Right sleeve, right gears and Jack. This dog looks awful small.
This is a 114H dog, It is shorter and not as meaty as the 115 dog.
You can also see the stain on the bridge where the original brass dog was.

This is the correct one and I like the engagement much better.

Lets see, ss sleeve and Black Pearl gears with Bryan's 7 stack. Nice!
One thing is missing, a stainless yoke. This is mandatory with Black Pearl gears. The brass yoke will get chewed up in no time with the hardened pinion. Looks like it already has a little. In the Trash. ;D

Regreased the stack with Cal's. Put some penn Blue on the main gear. BP's gears need grease.

Greased all the screws, Jack, eccentric, yoke, clicker and plates. They were pretty dry.
Also used eco seal on the bearings.
This reel is putting out about 30lbs of drag. Enjoy it Brandon! No Charge. ;)

Life is Good!

Dominick

Daron just a comment.  When I needed to fish a reel that had some damage to the yoke I have turned the yoke over and used it until I could get a new one.  It did not seem to have any effect on the operation of the reel.  That was a nice thing to do for Brandon.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

Thanks Daron...

I'm putting BP gears in a jm and picked up a few tips on this post.

The 115 is next.

steve

Shark Hunter

No problem Steve,
I forgot to mention to polish the tabs on the jack or the ss yoke will get hung up when shifting. I didn't have to do on this particular reel. It was a first. The tabs were nice and smooth.
Dominick,
That's good thinking. I just wanted to make a point that the ss yoke needs to be used with these gears.
Mr. Chui puts it right on the package that an ss yoke is needed. I get mine from Dawn.
Just paying it forward. ;)
Life is Good!

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Sharkin904

and another one, lol. Thanks for the heads up on using a SS yoke, I'll go ahead and add that to the parts list.

David Hall