Tools list for Accurates.

Started by Pelagic Playtime, January 09, 2011, 12:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelagic Playtime

Hi Alan. I am brand new to this website. I live in Southern Cal and fish offshore and at the islands from my 26 foot Blackman.

I need your help. I have 3 Accurates. A BX2 400, BX2 500, and a BX2 30N. I want to get into doing my own maintenance. Also, I have been studying the threds on Allcoast and Bloody Decks about sleeving Accurates and I am eager to do it to my reels.

I know that Accurate has both Power Point and videos on maintaing their reels on their website but no computer that I can get access to has the software to view them. Instead, they ship me off to another website trying to get me to download something. Also, two Emails and a phone call have failed to get any results from Accurate. (Boo Accurate) >:(

So, can you give me a full list of tools along with any advice and places to go on this website to give me guidance and get me started?

Thanks for your time and tight lines.

Pelagic Playtime. 

alantani

a long pointed number 7 torx bit is the most important thing.  you have to grind it down yourself. otherwise, common tools will do fine.  you're going to have a bunch of bearings to deal with, as well. a bearing packer is nice, but it might not be worth the money for just three reels. 

here is a number 7 torx that is ground down.  below is a number 8 that has not been altered.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Pelagic Playtime

Thanks Alan. Can you give me an address or point out where I can go here on this website to see a tutorial with pictures of how to break bown an Accurate reel?

And what tool are you using to get the little retaining "C" ring out so you can pop the sides off bearings?

Here's a tip.

For my Newells, I am using a dental pick. I find that it is almost impossible to get the "C" rings out of the bearings the first time. So before I put them back in, I use a small fine grain honing stone to round the square ends into points so I can get the dental pick behind them the next time. ;)

Pelagic Playtime.

alantani

i am using a small beat up old screw driver with a mangled tip.  i do not have a tutorial on the smaller accurates, and the one on the atd 12 is very poor.  it is on the list.  they are very simple, however.  straight in, straight out.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!