My Jigmaster Projects

Started by Yogi_fish808, September 09, 2015, 12:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi_fish808

Here are my 2 current project reels so far, once I started things just snowballed and now it's too late to stop. Thanks guys for making it fun to work on these and always having solutions to any issues.

1st is an Accuplate jigmaster I recently converted to Yellowfin Special width using Newell 344 bars/base (huge thanks to member thinkwahoo) and Tiburon spool (Big thanks to Randy/VintageOffshoreTackle and Sal for telling me how to fix the pinion clearance issue on the spool spindle) an SS drag star from Adam/MotiveFab. Yes it's got all the usual SS internal goodies we love on this site.

Next up is a Newell 300c Jigmaster.  This one started out as a 99 size and the Newell guys on our forum helped me figure out how to get it back to stock 500 size. So far it's got an accurate frame, 338 aluminum spool and power handle. I'm truly amazed at the casting distance I can achieve with this reel, easy 80+ yards with 8oz lead and bait.

Another huge thanks to Thinkwahoo for hooking me up with these spool sleeves which allow my favorite red 50th anniversary spool to be used with the 300c. Without his help I'd have never known what parts could allow me to use the penn spool!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

thorhammer

Alto Mare

Those look sweet Kyle...great job!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Fantastic work. Any plans for the 500 width parts?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Beautiful reels nicely done, thanks for sharing.  What's next?

Yogi_fish808

Quote from: David Hall on September 10, 2015, 02:50:20 AM
Beautiful reels nicely done, thanks for sharing.  What's next?

I think I should take a little break from buying reels/parts. I saw a brand new Stradic FK on ebay for $170 and couldn't resist......

Yogi_fish808

Decided to go with the original newell yellowfin special spool after hearing that the tiburon model doesn't cast as well. The old timers were right, its amazing how well this thing freespools. Not as pretty as the shiny red spool but the trevally and bonefish I'm bombing bait to won't care. Aloha!

DaBigOno

Pretty sweet Yellowfin Special....

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono