Need help to find a left side bearing for a 114HL burgundy

Started by steelfish, September 08, 2015, 06:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

ok, folks I didnt knew the 114 and 114h reels have gone though a lot of minor changes over the years, and some parts dont fit in different models.

thats the case of the left side bearing I need for a 114HL burgundy color (not apple red)

I was ready to order one from scotts but I got lost in some many models and at the end I didnt knew which one I need to get.

I have a close friend that got this old reel as gift and he brought it to me to clean it and fix it, the only parts it needs is this left side bearing and new set of HT-drags from smoothdrag.
doesnt have to me as perfect as new so if you have any of this old bearings shot me your price and I will gladly take it from you.

I have another 114h the brigh red model with posts, I tried to install the missing bearing on the burgundy but it dont fit, the thread and size of the screw is the same but the last section of the bearing with the O-ring just dont fit on the 114HL model, it seems that it uses a bearing that is all flat without the hump where the O-ring is located and go all through the cap

I will put some pictures for you to check it out.

this is the actual reel, as you see it says 114HL and senator II (I though it was made in china but it says made in USA philly)

this is the 114h and its left side bearing style that DONT fit on the 112HL senator II (not made in china), I put it for you to check yours and dont sent the same one

thanks in advance
The Baja Guy

RowdyW

The part you need is 40-113H which is obsolete. The later one with with the "O" ring is 40N-113H. Try ebay you might be able to find a NOS or a used one. The only way to be able to use the 40N-113H bearing is to replace the left plate with the later plate which is interchangeable with the 113HL reel.

MarkT

Do you need the whole assembly or just the bearing? You can just put a new bearing in that bearing cap and be good to go again.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

RowdyW

jg125

Mystic Reel Parts at mysticparts.com has what you need I think you need the one on the left

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

RowdyW

Steelfish, I think what you have is a 114H that was upgraded with 114HL cross bars. HL side plates are usually a lot redder.

steelfish

Quote from: RowdyW on September 08, 2015, 08:51:37 PM
Steelfish, I think what you have is a 114H that was upgraded with 114HL cross bars. HL side plates are usually a lot redder.

yep, you were right, on of my coworkers have an old 114h burgundy color reel and brought it today to check the bearing, his reel is all posts and steel spool but burgundy/marrun side plates, the one I have have the same side plates but graphite cross bars and alloy spool, and you you guesses, the left bearing fit with no problems on mine.

seems like I need to order a bearing for the old model 114h without O-ring.

thanks guys

The Baja Guy

RowdyW

Steelfish, that bearing is obsolete, you will have to find a used or NOS one. Like I said before try ebay, that's your best bet. They show up there all the time.

RowdyW

Steelfish, there is one on ebay right now for $8.95 or best offer. Offer $6.00 & he will probably take it.  ;)

handi2

I would make sure all the screws come out too..! If you can get the old bearing out just replace it like already posted.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelfish

well, screws came out with no problems after this pics were taken

I just ordered a new bearing from scotts, thanks, I needed the whole assembly (bearing + cup)

The Baja Guy