Viewer's choice

Started by Prof. Salt, September 15, 2015, 02:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof. Salt

I made two trips last week:
A short five mile round trip with some good jacks and nasty seas

...or a twenty two mile trek in search of fish through empty waters on a nice day ...but I didn't come home empty handed!

Steve-O

Holy Cr@p!  22 miles of paddling! On my AK trip next week most of my yak fishing will be in Port Saint Nicholas Bay out in front of the Lodge. It's only half a mile to the halibut and a mile or so across to the rockfish and lingcod and has a gravel road around to the other side. I was thinking it would be so much easier to  put the kayak on top of the Subaru and drive around to launch from the opposite side than paddle the mile over to it. Now I feel like a total wimp. :-[

Locally, all my kayak fishing is in 3-5 acre ponds.  So the fish I catch pull me around more than I have to paddle.

theswimmer

Nice reports as always.
That was some challenging water in the first vid........
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Dominick

Quote from: theswimmer on September 15, 2015, 02:52:30 PM
Nice reports as always.
That was some challenging water in the first vid........
You can say that again.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Prof. Salt

Yeah the first vid was a sloppy day but I needed some water time. I traded two of the jacks for a bunch of Ribbonfish, so I have bait for the next five or six trips. Now I can do an offshore trip for $5, lol!