Fishinf at the Cabo San Lucas area in October?

Started by speedwagon2, September 18, 2015, 02:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedwagon2

Hi folks,
    I am going to be in Cabo San Lucas for a few days in October.  I have never fished there.  I want to fish one day for the inshore species, I would assume in a panga.  I need advice as what species are around that time of the year.  Recommendations for any local skippers would be great.  I have to get an idea as to what type of tackle to bring, line weight, etc, or if it the charters can provide gear.  All advice and info is greatly appreciated.
Speedwagon

Dominick

Speed, I'll be there 10/13-10/20.  If you let me know where you are staying I can put you on to some good captains.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

TomT

I'll be driving down and cross the border on 10/18 and will get there about 10/20.  We go to the Sea of Cortez by Isla Cerralvo--S/E of La Paz.  In Oct at that location we usually catch some marlin & wahoo and lots of dorado.  In my opinion your area should be even better.  Of course, every year can vary some.  Good luck!! ;D
TomT

speedwagon2

Dominick,
   My wife and I are arriving on the 16th, leaving on the 20th. We are staying at the Cabo Azul Resort.  The address is: Paseo Malecon S/N Del Cabo Baja Calif Sur,  Mexico.CP.23400.  I can fish on the 17th, 18th, or the 19th.  I am thinking in shore species out of a panga because I am alone(wife only eats fish, does not catch them) and can't afford a tuna charter alone. Do you know the general rules for fishing rods on airplanes?  I am sure they a length limit.  I have to decide what gear to bring, or to use the charter's gear.  What wait rods and reels would recommend for inshore fishing?
   Thanks in advance,  Dave Babcock

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.