Cast Control question.

Started by Pelagic Playtime, January 11, 2011, 05:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelagic Playtime

Hay Alan. Did my first exploratory into the guts of my BX2-500. Just pulled the right sideplate and spool and looked inside. Then I put it back together.

I noticed something on the inside of the cast control knob that looked like another bearing. Is that another baring and does it need to come out and be oiled to get maximum freespool?

Next step is to line up a date with my bud who has a lathe in his garage. There we will pull the reel apart, clean and oil the bearings,  and measure and cut a sleeve for the spool axle for a good accurate fit.

More questions as they pop up. ;D

Pelagic Playtime.

alantani

there is a bearing in the left side plate that is accessable from the inside.  i don't think the cap itself has a bearing.  for the bearing sleeve, get some brass tubing at the local hobby shop.  a drill press and a flat file should do the job.  take pictures!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Pelagic Playtime

I can't do any better with pictures and tutorials than you did with your tutorial on sleeving. That's where I got the idea to do my reels.

I just have access to more accurate metal working and measuring tools, that's all.

Pelagic Playtime.

alantani

if you get one cut and really nail it, you could probably knock out a bunch of them and sell them.  i'm thinking  $10 each.  alot of guys on http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/fishing-reels/ have been asking.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!