Shaping up to be a decent year of rockfishing for me

Started by the rockfish ninja, September 20, 2015, 06:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockfish ninja

I know I'm going to have to retire from this type of angling in the future, the hiking and climbing is a bit of a challenge at times (this middle aged back, knees, ankles, etc. feel it the next day), but while I can still get up and down the steep trails I'm gonna use it as "stay young physical therapy". Plus I've just been kicking butt this year almost every time out, I keep catching more than my fishing buddies, bigger too. Not bragging but I'll take the rewards (the fish) and have the trash-talk fun with it (I get em cracking up sometimes), it's just been a decent year for me.

This day was good on a variety level, 3 rockfish, 2 greenlings, 1 fat cabezon, but a real workout hiking back up the trail with all the extra weight, had a great dinner though.

Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Dominick

Tony if you keep catching all those rockfish you will not be able to write a hit song "I got the Rockfish Blues."   :D :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.