Shimano fx4000ra anti reverse lock out.

Started by angler777, September 20, 2015, 11:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angler777

Hi,need help with my Shimano fx4000ra anti reverse lock out that does not lock out.Need to know how to break this reel down so i can look at the anti reverse mechanism.Thanks.Bob.

handi2

Quote from: angler777 on September 20, 2015, 11:25:58 PM
Hi,need help with my Shimano fx4000ra anti reverse lock out that does not lock out.Need to know how to break this reel down so i can look at the anti reverse mechanism.Thanks.Bob.

If you are referring to the lever underneath the reel's rotor they do get corroded and hard to move. Sometimes they won't move at all.

You have to remove the spool. Remove the lock screw around the rotor nut that is in the center. It may be left hand thread so don't force it. The rotor will come right off.

Without removing anything else you should see the top part of the "lock out" shaft with a spring attached. Lubricate there and start moving the lever gently.

I hope this is helpful.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

angler777

I think you have the wrong reel.This is an old rear drag model.

johndtuttle

Quote from: angler777 on September 21, 2015, 03:43:03 AM
I think you have the wrong reel.This is an old rear drag model.

1. No, he has the right reel and you owe him a thank you (whether right or wrong) for offering his help :).

2. If your problem is the Anti-Reverse then he is sending you in the right direction as it is located under the rotor.

3. Generally, this is an extremely friendly place and we love to help people that come to us for help as long as they are polite and take the time to be thankful. ;)

angler777

To handi2,After removing the spool,I see fhe shaft coming out of the top of the rotor,NO locknut.How do i remove the rotor?The problem is the rotor reverses continually with the anti reverse lever in either position.I think the lever works,it is something else causing the free wheeling.Thanks for any help.

handi2

Quote from: angler777 on September 21, 2015, 11:23:01 PM
To handi2,After removing the spool,I see fhe shaft coming out of the top of the rotor,NO locknut.How do i remove the rotor?The problem is the rotor reverses continually with the anti reverse lever in either position.I think the lever works,it is something else causing the free wheeling.Thanks for any help.

Ok no lock screw just a brass nut right? Remove that nut and the rotor will come off. You may have to turn the reel upside down and tap lightly.

If there is a plastic piece with 2 screws holding it on remove that and the brass nut will be there.
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

OK Lets Start Over...

Your reel has to be taken apart to remove the rotor. You have to remove the side cover to get to a retaining clip that holds the rotor on. I will find a schematic for you.

There is no nut or anything else on top holding the rotor on.
Gulf Breeze, FL

angler777

Got the rotor lock off,poped up the rotor,and the anti reverse cam spring fell out.It was loose under the rotor.anybody know how to put it back in?