Ambassadeur Black Max 1600-need help with bearings

Started by winston61, September 21, 2015, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston61

I picked up a Black Max 1600 and think it will turn out to be a nice reel. I can upgrade the bearings and install smooth drag washers. My question is about the worm gear. When I took it apart I noticed there is a bushing at each end. I measured the one I can remove from the worm and boca has a bearing to fit. How do I(or can I) remove the bushing under the gear that turns the worm? Is it pressed on or screwed on?  Scarce parts means I want to be very careful. Any ideas? thanks to all.

johndtuttle

Quote from: winston61 on September 21, 2015, 06:51:03 PM
I picked up a Black Max 1600 and think it will turn out to be a nice reel. I can upgrade the bearings and install smooth drag washers. My question is about the worm gear. When I took it apart I noticed there is a bushing at each end. I measured the one I can remove from the worm and boca has a bearing to fit. How do I(or can I) remove the bushing under the gear that turns the worm? Is it pressed on or screwed on?  Scarce parts means I want to be very careful. Any ideas? thanks to all.

I don't know!  :D

Abu Customer Service at Spirit Lake may be able to help you out with an answer. Pretty sure you have to take the other side off first, then undo the bracket on the right and it slides out. Still not sure about the gear though.

best