Another Accurate Jigmaster.....

Started by Yogi_fish808, September 26, 2015, 09:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi_fish808

Just when I told myself "Kyle you've been buying a lot of reels lately, projects and new ones too. Maybe take a break from buying reels/rods". Nope couldn't stop myself from bidding on this all accurate gold example. She needs a new gear sleeve and thorough servicing, then will be ready to fish or for sale if I don't get attached. The only major issue that I found which wasn't mentioned in the auction was that the handle side bearing cup is seized to the frame....shot corrosion block at it so hopefully and overnight soak will help. Shakas :D

Rancanfish

Nice.  I only have one full Accurate Jigmaster like that.  I like it a lot.
I think I added the SS gearsleeve from Alan also.  Enjoy!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

Nice! if you're uptight as I am, when it comes to fishing reels, try this stuff to remove what's left of the laser etching.
It has worked for me in the past, with some elbow grease. don't worry about the anodized finish, it won't damage it.
http://www.amazon.com/Citri-Strip-QCG73801T-Varnish-Stripping-1-Quart/dp/B000QFCP1G

Sal

Let me rephrase, no elbow grease needed. I just did one of mine and it came right off with very little effort

Of course the reel will fish just the same with the letters worn off...just a thought.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.