16/0

Started by Shark Hunter, September 26, 2015, 04:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

Daron, you will need to wear water-skis for when you hook into Mogambo with all that drag buttoned down.

That is some sweet upgrading. Well done.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Tightlines666 on September 28, 2015, 05:56:43 AM
As always...nice job Daron!

I didn't know SS posts were available for the 16/0. Have you been using Delron on top of the stack as well? 
I didn't on this one John. only because I forgot to cut one.
Its pretty smooth as is with the one on the bottom that Adam Includes.
You can get those ss posts here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-STAINLES-STEEL-FRAME-POSTS-for-PENN-REEL-118-16-0-LIFETIME-WARRANTY-NICE-/121711762205?hash=item1c56961b1d
Thanks everyone. ;D
Life is Good!

TheReelShop

First off this is one BAD *** setup... Very good craftsmanship. I'm curious as to what the purpose of the insert is for as well as a decreased surface area on the carbon fiber drags? At least from the pics it appears as there is less of a surface area on the drags..

Shark Hunter

Red,
I will quote the designer of these on how it works.
I have tested these inserts personally and it is the best invention so far for a Big Senator.
Silky smooth Drag and higher numbers if you need them.
Much smoother than stock.
The original thread for the Big Boy inserts is here.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13432.0
Quote from Adam,
In a normal drag stack, only one side of each drag washer produces friction.  The drag washer is free to move between the two opposing metal washers.

The insert allows the carbon fiber washers to be keyed to the gear, and therefore both sides of each carbon fiber washer produce friction. This greatly increases the drag capacity for a given number of carbon fiber washers. Since its capable of making more drag, it takes less pressure to achieve the same drag, resulting in smoother and more consistent drag performance.

Also aluminum conducts heat very well, so it will draw heat out of the drag stack and dissipate it into the gear where it can be released.
Life is Good!

TheReelShop

Thanks a lot shark hunter.

Sharkin904

I didn't realize inserts were available! Same as the 14/0? I'm new to this size gear lol. Gorgeous reel man, and a monster  ;)

handi2

The inserts are the best thing ever for all the senator reels. I'm still amazed at how well they work and how easy it is to get high drag numbers without cranking down on the drag star. On the 9/0's with a Delrin washer under the drag star I can get 35lbs with one finger..!! I turn the tension washer upside down so the smooth side is facing the drag star and drop on the Delrin washer.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL