maintenance on a Penn Intn'l 12T

Started by Alvaman, September 26, 2015, 11:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvaman

I just received  in for repair a Penn Intn'l' 12T. I have worked on other internationals without any difficulty however this one
has me stumped. I am unable to engaged the lever drag. I checked the schematics and all the parts are there, but  the drag will not engaged or disengage. The system is unlike most of the lever drag assemblies as there is no graduated ramp  for the lever to move the spool shaft in or out. The adjustment screw turns in  and out, but does nothing. I turn it in as far as it will go and it locks up the lever, but the spool will still turn if moved manually.  What is wrong?

mizmo67

Hi,

I think the 113B adjustment screw just makes the lever itself sit tighter on the quadrant ring, so you can adjust how quickly the lever moves.

You said you've worked on internationals before, so you might have already checked this.

How are the tension washers on the spool pinion shaft lined up?
)))) is the least amount of tension.
))() tighter
()() max
Maybe as it is older, it can't get enough drag tension on the lightest setting.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Alvaman

It makes no difference what position the lever is in. when the lever assembly is placed on the reel and moved back and forth I see nothing  that moves in and out to put or release pressure on the main shaft to activate the drag  you would think there would be some type of cam that would exert pressure on the shaft. Is there suppose to be something between the housing bearing#55 and @141?
The other components that fit in the lever are locked in to place by the E clip 143A