clicker sprins

Started by Alto Mare, October 03, 2015, 01:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Hello Randy, please let me know is you have one of these in stainless steel:
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/62-114.aspx
Thanks!

Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for giving me a shot at it Sal, but I'm sorry to say that all of the clicker springs that I have appear to be copper.

Randy

Alto Mare

Thanks for looking Randy, I appreciate it.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

I'll check for one when I get back home, Sal.

Out of town for a couple of days -- back Monday AM.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Thank you Fred. Take your time looking, I'm not in a hurry.
Sal

mizmo67

I've only ever seen them in copper.

Wouldn't a stainless spring tear up the ratchet on the end of the spool?
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Alto Mare

Quote from: mizmo67 on October 04, 2015, 02:31:38 PM
I've only ever seen them in copper.

Wouldn't a stainless spring tear up the ratchet on the end of the spool?
Hello Mo.
No, the stainless spring does not make contact with the ratchet, just the tongue does, when engaged. The brass spring will do just fine, I have this 114H Accurate plates that one of the members sold me a while back at a  good price, I already had the frame and spool kit.
I want to put it together with all the bells and whistles available to us. I'm guesstimating it will cost me around  $650 when done. But its not about the money here ;D.

Shark Hunter

Those are hard to find Sal. You might want to try Paul Berinson. I think his screen name is fishhead.
The only one I messed with I got from Mr. Pauly for Ted's Pot O' Gold. Randy owns that reel now.

Life is Good!

foakes

Hi Sal --

Do not have in SS.

Do have the right one in copper marked as 62-349 -- it is the same as the 62-114 -- NOS.

Is there a Newell that would match up? -- Servicing and upgrading drags on a P447-F -- noticed SS click spring.

You are of course welcome to a new copper one, if it would work.

Let me know.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tightlines667

SS Newell clicker springs are readily available (Ulua Junkies usully has sone in stock).  These are a bit stiffer/snappier then copper.

I think Maureen may be right about the SS springs creating a bit quicker/more wear on the clicker ratchet attached to the spool since they put a little more pressure on the clicker pawl that contacts it.  Now, whether or not this is appreciable enough to consider is up for debate. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Thanks for looking Fred. I do have the brass spring already and as i mentioned earlier, those will do just fine. if for some strange reason you can't find a part some time, please give me a shot...you never know.

John, I don't believe the spring has anything to do with the wear on the ratchet, but if you guy believe so, that's ok with me ;) ;D.