A few new additions to my collection...

Started by Tightlines667, October 04, 2015, 12:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

I made a few new additions to my prewar saltwater fishing reel collection...

Left front - A.F.Meisselbach & Bothers - Triton take-apart
Left rear - Abbey & Imbrie - Surf King Special No. 100
Middle -Abbey & Imbrie - Silver King No. 82
Right rear - Ocean City - Ike Walton Club take-apart, 300yd
Right front - Ocean City - Dover Club - take-apart

All but one have star drags, and I believe these guys are all ca. 1920s.  

& here is what my reel collection looks like at this point in time (minus some ads, catelogs, and a few reels that still requine some assembly)...

I may need another display case :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Rancanfish

Wow, quite the group.

I need to add another shelf to my cabinet myself.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Looking good John. Yes you will definitely need another display case. Make sure the next one is a larger one, or you will need another still.
Don't ask how I know ;D.
All look good, but those two large Senators with the wood handle really caught my eye. Very nice.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

RUSTY OLD COLT

Penn Chronology

QuoteI may need another display case

Oh yea, your collections is growing. You have some interesting pieces there. That big first gen Senator on the bottom right is a 14 or 16/O. If it is a 16/O we have to talk.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Penn Chronology on October 05, 2015, 05:32:22 AM
QuoteI may need another display case

Oh yea, your collections is growing. You have some interesting pieces there. That big first gen Senator on the bottom right is a 14 or 16/O. If it is a 16/O we have to talk.

A 14/0, with incorrect (numbered) handle, spool (1-piece), stand, jack, and yoke.
Hope springs eternal

Penn Chronology

QuoteA 14/0, with incorrect (numbered) handle, spool (1-piece), stand, jack, and yoke.

Still a great reel, even though the parts have been updated. Now you have to search out the correct parts. No easy task. Probably the best way will be to find a early second gen reel, swap out the correct parts onto your reel and use the incorrect parts to make the second gen reel a good fishing reel.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Penn Chronology on October 09, 2015, 05:01:03 AM
QuoteA 14/0, with incorrect (numbered) handle, spool (1-piece), stand, jack, and yoke.

Still a great reel, even though the parts have been updated. Now you have to search out the correct parts. No easy task. Probably the best way will be to find a early second gen reel, swap out the correct parts onto your reel and use the incorrect parts to make the second gen reel a good fishing reel.

That is the plan.  Though I realize finding the right doner reel may he no easy task either.  However, I am up to the challenge.
Hope springs eternal

Newell Nut

broadway

You don't mess around john... Looking good pal!
Dom

Steve-O

I may need another display case  

ya think? :D

really nice collection!

Bob Colclough

thorhammer