Revo Toro Star Wheel busted - dimension on the Revo Toro vs other Star Wheels?

Started by Jon_Kol, October 05, 2015, 10:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Kol

Well, it turns out that the salty ol' Revo Toro 50 that I'm as good as finished with, has a busted Star Wheel. I guess it's the inner threads that are gone, it's possible to just pull the entire thing right of the shaft.

So I'm gonna have to find a replacement Star Wheel for it. But how are the dimensions on the Revo Toro, can I for instance order another type of Star Wheel via eBay? How to know which one fits this reel?

Any ideas? Or even better - anyone got a spare Star Wheel? :P Frustrating stuff, I've gotten the reel up and running smoothly again, only to find another failed part.

I do, as always, appreciate suggestions from you guys.

-Jon-

Fish-aholic

Can't help with your questions but, to be on the safe side, I would suggest purchasing a new gear sleeve in case the threads have also been damaged from the previous star wheel. It would be a shame if you manage to source a new star wheel only to find it cross threading upon installation. Just thinking out loud.  :-\ 

Lunker Larry

I've come across two NACLs that had the same issue. 
Seems to be another issue common to all of the revo styles.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

johndtuttle

Quote from: Lunker Larry on October 06, 2015, 08:38:23 PM

If you saw the reel it came off of you wouldn't be surprised :D

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15176.0

Lunker Larry

Quote from: johndtuttle on October 07, 2015, 02:07:51 AM
Quote from: Lunker Larry on October 06, 2015, 08:38:23 PM

If you saw the reel it came off of you wouldn't be surprised :D

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15176.0

This is a popular reel for muskie fishermen. Yes, that reel is nasty, but the ones I deal with are fresh water and the users like to crank the drag right down and it eventually strips. Is the star too soft? Don't know. I have a few thoughts but I haven't had the time to try and diagnose what the cause would be. 
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Jon_Kol

Thanks guys!

It looks like it's gonna work out though, I just got an e-mail from Pure Fishing Sweden - saying that they will send me the Star Wheel part, at no charge, as a guarantee. No questions asked. Now THAT's a great level of service. I only asked if they have that part in stock, or could find one from a spare-parts reel etc.

They can't ship to private addresses in countries outside the European Union, but I'll ask if they can send it to my my workplace - as my job also includes selling fishing gear.

johndtuttle

Quote from: Jon_Kol on October 08, 2015, 06:01:22 PM
Thanks guys!

It looks like it's gonna work out though, I just got an e-mail from Pure Fishing Sweden - saying that they will send me the Star Wheel part, at no charge, as a guarantee. No questions asked. Now THAT's a great level of service. I only asked if they have that part in stock, or could find one from a spare-parts reel etc.

They can't ship to private addresses in countries outside the European Union, but I'll ask if they can send it to my my workplace - as my job also includes selling fishing gear.

Great to hear! They may have previously discovered a production issue and had some better parts on hand for just this case  ;).