In House Seeker Customs

Started by Jon Vadney, October 12, 2015, 02:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

I am having a line of seeker rods built for me by them. I don't have the prices as of yet, but they will be cheaper than retail.

All of the heavy rail rods will have Alps blue centralock aluminum reel seats, Fuji SiNII guides (HB frame) and SaltyDawg RailDawg foregrips.

Medium weight rods will come with Fuji SiNII HN framed guides and will have hypalon rear and foregrips, and blue alps centralock aluminum reel seats

Lightweight rods will have Fuji Alconite guides and Fuji graphite seats.  

As I said, they will be cheaper than what a regular factory rod costs and I will get the prices posted here as soon as I get them myself.  To give you an idea of the difference in cost, a factory SuperSeeker 2x4 sells for $478 at melton.com, I'm going to be selling them for $400.  

For those who are interested, let me know what rod models you would want and we can work out the details of getting deposits down for your rods.  These can be built on any blank that seeker offers from any lineup of rods (black steel, glass, super seeker, OSP, etc).

Here's the test wrap I did that they are going to copy for me and this is what the rods will look like:

Newell Nut

That looks good Jon. I am testing a GTS80XH now that is not listed on the site but a great bottom rod. I am on the Fl Pro Staff now.

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Newell Nut on October 12, 2015, 09:48:35 PM
That looks good Jon. I am testing a GTS80XH now that is not listed on the site but a great bottom rod. I am on the Fl Pro Staff now.

That's awesome man!  What are the details of the GTS80XH? Hercules style or more traditional glass/graphite composite blank?

Newell Nut

Jon
This blank weighs in at 10 oz, mod-fast, butt a little over .7, tip 10 and rated 50-80. I had extended a GTS70h 40-80 which is basically the same stick and after chatting with Hilal he tells me they have one but have not put them on the site. I grabbed two of them. It is still soft enough in the tip for my mangrove snapper and has already whipped some nice AJs.
It is a great rod for Fl fishing on the bigger party boats. For the center consoles I would stay with 7 feet.

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Newell Nut on October 15, 2015, 10:55:00 PM
Jon
This blank weighs in at 10 oz, mod-fast, butt a little over .7, tip 10 and rated 50-80. I had extended a GTS70h 40-80 which is basically the same stick and after chatting with Hilal he tells me they have one but have not put them on the site. I grabbed two of them. It is still soft enough in the tip for my mangrove snapper and has already whipped some nice AJs.
It is a great rod for Fl fishing on the bigger party boats. For the center consoles I would stay with 7 feet.

That's awesome man.  Hilal is good people.  He's been to my house quite a few times.