Mystery Mod!

Started by pompano joe, July 23, 2015, 02:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pompano joe

Anybody ever seen anything like this?  Took me a while to see it, but someone took a frame bar and fixed it to an aluminum spool by drilling the spool and screwing the post in between the sides. 
Pompano Joe

Shark Hunter

Why? Looks like a ruined spool now.
Life is Good!

vilters

newport

perhaps the bar is under the spool?

pompano joe

The bar is fixed to the spool!  There is one screw from each side, that goes through a hole drilled in the side of the spool and seats in the bar end.  The bar is fixed in between the two sides. Kind of hard to explain, but if you study the pics long enough I think it will pop!  Just hoping someone will recognize it and fill us all in!
Pompano Joe

SoCalAngler

Half topless frame? Get that man another cold drink and maybe he can get the other bar on the bottom of the reel also.

Bill B

Assuming the spool was not broken in the first place...the bar would make an oblong arbor and create an airspace under the line....this would essentially reduce the line capacity and increase the drag and possibly help the line dry out after use......jmo....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

whalebreath

Quote from: TARFU on August 04, 2015, 03:12:23 PM
Assuming the spool was not broken in the first place...the bar would make an oblong arbor and create an airspace under the line....this would essentially reduce the line capacity and increase the drag and possibly help the line dry out after use.....
Yeah that's all I could think of too-but IIRC linen line predates that model.

handi2

Joe is that reel at your shop? I can't get my brain around this thing. The post is fixed to the spool and it all rotates??
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

pompano joe

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier Keith.  Not in my shop.  Chris V. sent me this pic.  Came through the shop over in Orange Beach.
Pompano Joe

mizmo67

Interesting. Trying to mentally picture how the line would lay out on the setup. Never seen that before.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com