Lurked for a bit, Need to introduce myself

Started by higgy, November 21, 2015, 06:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

higgy

My son and I like to fish, but I was a bad dad for too long.  He wanted to fish from the time he was 6 or so, we went a few times as I was "to busy"  ::).  What a load, I told myself when I moved back from Western Australia that I did not want to fish for things that were smaller than the bait that I used, good sized bonito as bait.

Well this was the year, dad 84 having some issues a 13-14 year old boy, gotta do it now.  We did, and had more fun than I could imagine. 

There are quite a few more that we caught including sturgeon, steelhead and trout. 

I am glad I remember how to fish, I am sad it took so long to do this as a three generation sport.
"The act of fishing – for fish, dreams or whatever magic is available – is enough. It transports us to a special world, and a state of mind, where we are free."
― Fennel Hudson, A Meaningful Life - Fennel's Journal - No. 1

higgy

here is dad with some nice ones.

We will loose no more time.  Three amigos, fishin, until we go whislin and fishin in heaven
"The act of fishing – for fish, dreams or whatever magic is available – is enough. It transports us to a special world, and a state of mind, where we are free."

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

you can only try to live your life with no regrets.  welcome!!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on November 21, 2015, 07:17:27 PM
You can say that again...welcome Higgy.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

welcome amigo

just a warning, this place is addictive, suddenly you will be upgrading and fixing your own reels and having more fun

The Baja Guy

foakes

Welcome, Higgy --

This second is the only point in our life that any of us have any control over -- yesterday is gone, just like a minute ago was also ...

We can plan for tomorrow -- but the final outcome is always uncertain...any of us can be on our knees a minute from now -- dealing with a life threatening issue for our loved ones or ourselves.

So do your best right now, with no regrets and no guilt -- that just tends to hold us back from expressing who we really could be and are...

Just my opinions, and thoughts...

Best Regards,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on November 21, 2015, 08:02:52 PM
Quote from: alantani on November 21, 2015, 07:17:27 PM
You can say that again...welcome Higgy.  Dominick
Ok, I will Dominick: "you can only try to live your life with no regrets!"  ;)

Welcome aboard Higgy, enjoy your stay.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tiddlerbasher

higgy

Thanks all, I have been looking through the forums and there is a lot of good information here.  Look forward to getting to know you.

Dane

Steve-O

Welcome aboard, Dane!  Nice fishes in the pics. The smiles say it all! ;D

Reel 224

Welcome Higgy. This life we live is no dress rehearsal, you only pass threw here once. SO MAKE IT COUNT!!

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Ron Jones

Welcome to Uncle Alan's sand box Higgy. I've recently become a grandpa and am dreaming of the 3 generation stuff. In fact, I still have my Dad, four generation would be a gift from heaven.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

higgy