Penn Ocean Side Box Lable

Started by Oceanreels, October 16, 2015, 05:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

A quick internet search turned up a Penn Sea King having sold for ~18pounds in 2014.  Most likely this was a mis-labeled Pflueger Sea King.

I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for this model ;)

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Penn Chronology

John,

If you find a Sea King, you will get the Penn collectible reel of the year award.

reelrepair123

how about the'' sea  ford ''  reel, any good?

Penn Chronology

QuoteFrom my under standing, Penn ordered 1000 labels for them.

I wish I could document that; but, I cannot. What I can document if where Penn ordered their labels from.

This old invoice is, unfortunately not the Ocean Side label invoice but it does show that labels were ordered in quantities of 1000. So what you heard about the Oceanside label order is probably true. Too bad too, because if we had the invoice for the Ocean Side it would also answer the color question.

Penn Chronology

Quotehow about the'' sea  ford ''  reel, any good?

There's an interesting question. In today's world, the Sea Ford mystery has been solved; but, if this were 2005, I would have said, what's a Sea Ford ??? ??? ???

The 1933 Sea Ford is the reel that was made in place of the Sea King. Sea Fords are a fairly easy reel to find. New in the box, is not so easy; but it is possible. So, they are not considered Rare anymore. But they are a 100% collectible and should be treated as such.

reelrepair123

thank you on the sea ford question.   harryk

Oceanreels

Quote from: Oceanreels on October 19, 2015, 08:47:48 PM
Ah, the Sea King. You kind of forget about that one as it is only shown in the 1933 paper. A 150 yd. Sea Hawk with chrome rings. Can you imagine the INSANITY if a Sea King came up for auction? From my under standing, Penn ordered 1000 labels for them.

Mike,
I was referring to the Sea King not the Ocean Side on the labels.
Brian Purrone  Member ORCA
http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/

Penn Chronology

Yes, Brian, that was my mistake. When I mentioned the Ocean Side I meant to say that referred to the label color question,