Why is this 113 different?

Started by Beefer, January 17, 2011, 06:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefer

I recently acquired a bunch of old Penns in ratty condition that I'm (attempting) to rebuild/restore. Two of them were black-sided 113's, so I figured I'd break them down together, and make things go a little quicker. I opened the first one, and everything looked normal, but (unfortunately) it's the 3-stack drag, so I'll need to upgrade that, no biggie.

I cracked open the other one, and noticed something different. The eccentric and the eccentric jack are reversed from other reels I've opened (see pic). I then noticed that the spool was much lighter then the other one, and appears to be the 3 piece style. The spool didn't confuse me, but the eccentric having the spring going to the right had me confused. They're both black sided, and handles are also black. Is this just a much older reel? Or is there something else going on here?

alantani

fixed it!  ;D

sorry, honestly, i do not know.  i will check some more but i can recall ever seeing a senator 113 like this. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Beefer

Quote from: alantani on January 17, 2011, 06:56:02 AM
fixed it!  ;D
sorry, honestly, i do not know.  i will check some more but i can recall ever seeing a senator 113 like this. 
;D ;D ;D Funny, Alan... real funny...;D And I thought folks were gonna think I flipped the pic!

alantani

here you go!  it's just a common black side plate penn 113.  i never paid much attention to the orientation of the eccentric jack.  you're right, though.  it does look funny!

https://www.mysticparts.com//images/pennparts/schematics/113.pdf

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Beefer

Quote from: alantani on January 17, 2011, 09:33:31 PM
here you go!  it's just a common black side plate penn 113.  i never paid much attention to the orientation of the eccentric jack.  you're right, though.  it does look funny!

https://www.mysticparts.com//images/pennparts/schematics/113.pdf

Ok, but I have another black 113, and it 'faces' the other way. I could see this being an issue with the eccentric jack, as the ears would be on the wrong side. So I'm guessing there are 2 different part numbers for the jacks for the 113?

alantani

i only saw one schematic.  ok, where's ryan???????