bearing greaser

Started by derek, October 24, 2015, 03:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToddTX

Quote from: ReelClean on October 27, 2015, 10:53:44 AM
It is a greaser, have one and it works OK.  It won't work on small bearings eg handle bearings on small spinning reals with an OD of less than (I think) about 5mm because they fall into the grease hole. Anything bigger than about 20mm OD won't fit in either.
cheers
Steve

Thanks for info, that is what I wanted to know.

steelfish

nice, this will help a lot.

what kind of solvent do you use to clean the bearings with this B.blaster?
The Baja Guy

ToddTX

I just used mine for the first time.  I used what was handy, acetone.  I went to Tractor Supply and got a large syringe, put the bearing blaster inside a container and used syringe to inject acetone through bearing several times.  Seem to work pretty good. 

exp2000

Quote from: ToddTX on October 26, 2015, 06:49:43 PM
Has anyone tried on of these?
http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli-prod/TOOLLU/GREASER.html

Yeah, I have been using one for years. I have not got much room so it's a great compact option.
~

mrhp

Quote from: LTM on October 27, 2015, 08:05:43 AM
Quote from: derek on October 24, 2015, 03:43:56 AM
bearing blaster and mega bearing blaster http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/featured-products/bearing-blaster/
From reading the description, this seems to be a cleaner NOT a bearing packer.

Leo
Yep works great

RiverAngler

I have a pair of those bearing blasters, and I use Brakleen to shoot into it, Works great! Yes, I use it outside. You could also use carb cleaner, but Brakleen evaporates very quickly and leaves no residue. The I use The Boss's genuine, made in the good ole' USA by an awesome craftsman, bearing packer. These bearing packers do an awesome job with or without shields. I highly recommend that you get a set when he gets them made again. You won't be sorry.

Ralph
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!