Getting Star Drag To Ramp Up Quicker

Started by Rivverrat, October 27, 2015, 09:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

This is mainly regarding my US113's. If Im wanting the drag to increase quicker with less turning of star is adding washers the accepted way to do it ?

RowdyW

You could add 1 or 2 keyed washers & remove the wave washer under the star wheel.

SoCalAngler

You could also go to your local hardware store and buy a stainless washer that fits over the sleeve and sits on top of the tension spring washers. This added thickness to the stack will cause the drag to ramp up quicker. The OD of the washer you get does not need to be the same as the spring washers but the closer you can get to that the better. Depending on the thickness of the washer you get you may need to remove one of the tension spring washers.

Rivverrat

Thanks, I thought this was all I needed to do. But wanted to check....Jeff

Bryan Young

The best way is to ultimately increase the friction surfaces of your drag stack by using thinner material, both carbon fiber and stainless steel.  The problem with thinning out the stainless steel is that drag system uses versadrags and uses the strength of the current HT100s to keep from spinning in the gear.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D